Why Choose South Jersey Dental Studio for Preventive Dentistry?
- Fast Service - No Long Wait Times
- Kind, Caring, and Judgment-Free Dentists & Team
- Intraoral Camera Lets You See Your Smile Clearly
Preventative Dentistry in Cherry Hill, NJ
Preventative dentistry in Cherry Hill, NJ, is a field of dentistry focused on preventing oral disease, tooth decay, and gum disease. Some common dental procedures that fall under the heading of preventative dentistry are:
- Dental cleanings
- Fluoride treatments
- Oral cancer screenings
- Periodontal disease treatment
Why Do I Need Preventative Dentistry in Cherry Hill, NJ?
If you haven't seen a dentist in a while, you likely have plaque buildup, tartar buildup, tooth decay, and/or a cavity. These can all lead to more serious complications in the future. A preventative dentistry appointment will help catch these complications before they get worse. Also, it is much simpler and less expensive to get oral conditions treated at their early stages.
Preventative dentistry in Cherry Hill, NJ, plays a pivotal role in maintaining optimal oral health and preventing future dental problems. By prioritizing regular check-ups and cleanings, individuals can proactively address potential issues before they escalate into more complex and costly procedures. A key reason why preventative dentistry is crucial lies in the detection of early signs of dental diseases. Whether it's tooth decay, gum disease, or even oral cancer, prompt identification allows for timely intervention, ensuring that these conditions are promptly addressed before they worsen. Moreover, practicing preventative measures such as thorough teeth cleaning not only removes plaque buildup but also helps combat bacteria responsible for causing bad breath – a common concern affecting many individuals today. Ultimately, embracing preventative dentistry empowers patients to take control of their oral well-being by adopting healthy habits and seeking professional guidance when needed.
How Often Should I Get Preventative Dental Treatment?
Our dentist would recommend that you get a cleaning and examination every six months. This recommendation is based on dental research that suggests that many dental problems start below the gum line. As plaque and bacteria buildup, they can cause small cavities to develop on the surface of the tooth. As time goes on, these cavities will progress into larger cavities that would require a filling.
As patterns develop, our dentist can detect these cavities before they get too large. This can prevent more complex and invasive procedures that require more time and effort. Additionally, our dentist may be able to detect any oral cancers that might be developing.
It is a good idea to make your appointment right after your cleaning. That way, the hygienist can update you on the condition of your teeth and gums. This is also a good way to plan your next appointment.
What Should I Expect at My Preventative Dentistry Visit in Cherry Hill, NJ?
At your preventative dentistry visit, you can expect a comprehensive evaluation of your oral health to ensure that any potential issues are addressed before they become major problems. Here's what you should anticipate during this important dental appointment:
- Review of Your Medical History: The dentist will begin by carefully reviewing your medical history, including any medications or conditions that may affect your dental health. This step is crucial as it helps the dentist understand how certain factors can impact your oral well-being.
- Cleaning and Polishing: A thorough cleaning and polishing session will be performed by a skilled dental hygienist. This process involves removing built-up plaque and tartar from the surfaces of your teeth using specialized tools. By meticulously cleaning every nook and cranny, the hygienist ensures that bacteria are eliminated, reducing the risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
- Dental Exam: Following the cleaning procedure, the dentist will conduct a detailed examination of all aspects of your mouth. They will inspect each tooth for signs of cavities or cracks while also checking for any abnormalities in bite alignment or jaw function. Additionally, they'll examine your gums to assess their health condition and determine if there are indications of inflammation or gum disease.
- X-rays: To obtain a more accurate picture of what's happening beneath the surface, x-rays may be taken during some preventative dentistry visits. These images reveal hidden problems such as impacted teeth, bone loss, cysts, or tumor development, which might not be visible through visual inspection alone.
We've found that many patients don't know that there are ways to be proactive about their oral health in-between visits. We recommend flossing at least once a day and brushing twice a day. Both are important and will help keep your mouth healthy.
To find out more about the dental services we offer at South Jersey Dental Studio, call (856) 406-6570 or schedule a consultation online. You can also visit us at 539 Marlton Pike W, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002, or 313 Broad St, Florence, NJ, 08518.