Why Choose South Jersey Dental Studio for Dental Implants?
- Partners with a Network of Local Implant Specialists
- Extremely Friendly Dentists Who Listen to Your Needs
- Fair Prices, No Hidden Fees, and Crystal-Clear Communication
Implants in Cherry Hill, NJ
Dental implants in Cherry Hill, NJ, are innovative and sophisticated oral prosthetics that serve as long-lasting solutions for replacing missing teeth. These remarkable devices consist of three essential components: the implant itself, an abutment, and a crown. The titanium post is surgically implanted into the jawbone, mimicking the root structure of a natural tooth. This biocompatible material provides unparalleled stability and durability while promoting osseointegration—a process where bone tissue fuses with the implant over time—ensuring a secure foundation for restorations. Once fully integrated, an abutment is attached to connect the implant to its final piece—the meticulously crafted porcelain crown. This crown not only replicates both function and aesthetics but also complements neighboring teeth seamlessly, resulting in a harmonious smile transformation. With their ability to restore functionality, enhance appearance, and promote overall oral health, dental implants have revolutionized modern dentistry by offering patients a reliable solution for tooth loss.
What Are The Benefits of Dental Implants in Cherry Hill, NJ?
Dental implants in Cherry Hill, NJ, can restore your smile after tooth loss. They are custom-designed artificial tooth roots that are used to support dental restorations that replace missing or damaged teeth. They have the same function as your natural tooth roots and are just as strong and durable.
Dental implants in Cherry Hill, NJ, are surgically placed into the jawbone through minor outpatient surgery. They are then left to heal and fuse with the jawbone. Once the healing process is complete, the titanium implant acts as an anchor for the artificial tooth. A dental crown will then be placed as the visible part of the tooth.
Key advantages of dental implants in Cherry Hill, NJ, include:
- Improved appearance: Dental implants are designed to look and feel like natural teeth, restoring your smile and enhancing your overall facial aesthetics. The prosthetic tooth is custom-made to match the color, size, and shape of your existing teeth, ensuring a seamless integration with your natural smile.
- Enhanced oral health: Unlike other tooth replacement options such as bridges or dentures, dental implants do not require any alteration or support from adjacent healthy teeth. This preserves the integrity of neighboring teeth and promotes better long-term oral health. Additionally, because dental implants fuse with the jawbone through a process called osseointegration, they help stimulate bone growth and prevent bone loss in the jaw.
- Durability and longevity: When properly cared for, dental implants can last a lifetime. Made from high-quality materials such as titanium or zirconia, these artificial tooth roots are exceptionally strong and resistant to decay or damage caused by normal wear and tear. With routine maintenance, including regular brushing, flossing, and professional check-ups at the dentist's office every six months, you can enjoy lasting results with minimal additional upkeep.
- Improved speech and eating abilities: Dentures can sometimes slip or move around in your mouth when speaking or eating certain foods; however, dental implants eliminate this concern entirely. Since they function like natural teeth anchored securely into the jawbone, you can speak clearly without worrying about slurred speech.
Are Dental Implants in Cherry Hill, NJ, Right for You?
To determine if you are a candidate for dental implants, we will first assess your smile. We'll look for signs of gum disease and tooth decay, which can affect the success of your treatment. If you have had issues with periodontal disease in the past, we may recommend a periodontal cleaning to help prevent the issue from recurring.
What Are the Two Types of Dental Implants in Cherry Hill, NJ?
There are two main types of dental implants: endosteal and subperiosteal. Endosteal implants are the most commonly used type of implant. An endosteal implant is typically shaped like a screw, cylinder, or plate and is placed directly inside the jawbone. Endosteal implants are secured in place using screws or dental cement.
Subperiosteal implants differ from endosteal implants in that they only cover part of the jaw. A metal framework is attached to the jawbone, and the implants are connected to this framework.
Preparing for Dental Implants
To ensure that your dental implants are successful, there are a few things you can do before and after your procedure. Foremost of these is you'll need to take care of your oral health. This means that you should brush and floss your teeth regularly, as well as schedule regular teeth cleanings and exams. This will help ensure that your smile is free from decay and gum disease and the implants stay in place once the procedure is completed.
The Implant Process Explained
A dental implant is a titanium post that is secured into the jawbone. A hole will be made in the jawbone, where we will insert the metal implant stud. We will then allow the site to heal for a few months.
Over this healing period, the bone will fuse with the metal implant. Once healed, it acts as a root replacement for the dental prosthetic. The dental implant process can take from two to four months. A ceramic crown will then be fabricated and bonded to the implant, which will act as the replacement tooth.
Our dentist will give you specific instructions about how to care for your implant. Generally, you'll need to clean the area surrounding it thoroughly each day, as well as keep the implant itself clean. Our dentist may provide you with special solutions to help you keep it clean.
To find out more about the dental services we offer at South Jersey Dental Studio, call (856) 406-6570 or schedule a consultation online. You can also visit us at 539 Marlton Pike W, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002, or 313 Broad St, Florence, NJ, 08518.