Why Choose Florence Dental Studio for Dental Implants?
- Partners with a Network of Local Implant Specialists
- Extremely Friendly Dentists Who Listen to Your Needs
- Fair Prices, No Hidden Fees, and Crystal-Clear Communication
Dental Implants in Florence, NJ
Dental implants can restore your smile after tooth loss. They are custom-designed artificial tooth roots that are used to support dental restorations that replace missing or damaged teeth. They have the same function as your natural tooth roots and are just as strong and durable.
Dental implants are surgically placed into the jawbone through minor outpatient surgery. They are then left to heal and fuse with the jawbone. Once the healing process is complete, the titanium implant acts as an anchor for the artificial tooth. A dental crown will then be placed as the visible part of the tooth.
Are Dental Implants Right for You?
To determine if you are a candidate for dental implants in Florence, NJ, we will first assess your smile. We’ll look for signs of gum disease and tooth decay, which can affect the success of your treatment. If you have had issues with periodontal disease in the past, we may recommend a periodontal cleaning to help prevent the issue from recurring.
What Are the Two Types of Dental Implants?
There are two main types of dental implants: endosteal and subperiosteal. Endosteal implants are the most commonly used type of implant. An endosteal implant is typically shaped like a screw, cylinder, or plate and is placed directly inside the jawbone. Endosteal implants are secured in place using screws or dental cement.
Subperiosteal implants differ from endosteal implants in that they only cover part of the jaw. A metal framework is attached to the jawbone, and the implants are connected to this framework.
Preparing for Dental Implants
In order to ensure that your dental implants in Florence, NJ, are successful, there are a few things you can do before and after your procedure. Foremost of these is you’ll need to take care of your oral health. This means that you should brush and floss your teeth regularly, as well as schedule regular teeth cleanings and exams. This will help ensure that your smile is free from decay and gum disease and the implants stay in place once the procedure is completed.
The Implant Process Explained
A dental implant is a titanium post that is secured into the jawbone. A hole will be made in the jawbone, where we will insert the metal implant stud. We will then allow the site to heal for a few months.
Over this healing period, the bone will fuse with the metal implant. Once healed, it acts as a root replacement for the dental prosthetic. The dental implant process can take from two to four months. A ceramic crown will then be fabricated and bonded to the implant, which will act as the replacement tooth.
Our dentist will give you specific instructions about how to care for your implant. Generally, you’ll need to clean the area surrounding it thoroughly each day, as well as keep the implant itself clean. Our dentist may provide you with special solutions to help you keep it clean.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Enhancing your smile and improving your oral health are just a couple of the many benefits that dental implants in Florence, NJ, provide. They include:
- One major benefit of dental implants in Florence, NJ, is their natural look and feel. Unlike traditional dentures or bridges, implants are designed to blend seamlessly with your existing teeth, creating a harmonious smile. The implant itself acts as an artificial tooth root, which is surgically placed into the jawbone. This not only provides stability for the replacement tooth but also stimulates bone growth to prevent further deterioration.
- Dental implants in Florence, NJ, restore proper chewing ability and speech clarity. With missing teeth or ill-fitting dentures, it can be difficult to eat certain foods and speak clearly. However, with implants securely anchored in place like natural teeth, you can confidently bite into your favorite foods without worry and communicate effectively.
- Another significant advantage of dental implants is their durability and longevity. While other restorative options may need frequent repairs or replacements over time due to wear or damage, well-maintained implants can last a lifetime with proper care. This makes them a cost-effective investment in the long run.
- Furthermore, by filling the gaps left by missing teeth, dental implants help maintain facial structure and prevent premature sagging or wrinkles caused by bone loss over time.
- Finally, yet importantly, dental implant placement does not require altering adjacent healthy teeth like traditional bridges do.
To find out more about the dental services we offer at Florence Dental Studio, call (609) 499-3800 or schedule a consultation online. You can also visit us at 539 Marlton Pike W, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002, or 313 Broad St, Florence, NJ, 08518.