Why Choose Florence Dental Studio for Emergency Dentistry?
- Same-Day Emergency Dental Appointments
- Nitrous Oxide Sedation for Nervous Patients
- Extremely Friendly Dentists & Team Members
Emergency Dentist in Florence, NJ
You should visit our emergency dentist in Florence, NJ, as soon as possible in the event of any severe dental issues. Problems such as the following should be addressed as soon as possible:
- Severe tooth pain
- Gum bleeding
- A broken or knocked-out tooth
- A cracked or fractured tooth
- A lost crown or filling
- An abscess
- Jaw pain
Dental conditions considered to be emergencies include dental abscesses, fractured teeth, knocked-out teeth, and toothaches. When dental pain is excruciating, seek treatment from a dental professional as soon as possible.
Broken and fractured teeth are among the most common dental emergencies. Teeth can be broken or fractured due to accidents or trauma to the mouth. Most of these kinds of dental injuries require treatment from a dental professional as soon as possible. Bite splints and medications can be used to prevent further damage to your teeth.
If you have a tooth knocked out, you should immediately rinse the tooth with warm water. Place the tooth in a cup of milk and bring it along when visiting the dentist. You can place a cold compress on your face to reduce any swelling or pain. You should then contact our emergency dentist immediately.
What Causes Dental Emergencies?
Dental emergencies can happen at any time of day, not just when you wake up with a throbbing toothache. Your tooth might chip or break, or you could suffer an injury to your mouth or jaw. These dental emergencies require immediate attention from a skilled dentist.
When your tooth has been knocked out completely, it is critical that you visit our office within one hour of when the tooth was knocked out. If it has been longer than one hour, it may still be possible to save the tooth, but time is of the essence.
How Are Dental Emergencies Treated?
In the event of a dental emergency, patients should contact our emergency dentist as soon as possible. This ensures that our dentist can schedule an appointment for you within the next 24 hours.
Our emergency dentist in Florence, NJ, will examine your mouth to determine how serious the dental problem is and figure out the proper way to treat it. In some cases, our dentist may prescribe medication or antibiotics. If the dental problem is more complex, our dentist might also refer the patient to a specialist, such as an orthodontist, periodontist, or oral surgeon.
What Are the Benefits of Seeing an Emergency Dentist?
When it comes to dental emergencies, time is of the essence. That's why seeing an emergency dentist in Florence, NJ, can provide several benefits that you shouldn't overlook.
- First and foremost, our emergency dentist is available outside regular office hours. This means that even if you experience a dental emergency in the middle of the night or on a weekend, there's someone ready to help you. There is no need to suffer until your regular dentist opens their doors.
- Another benefit of seeking care from an emergency dentist is their expertise in handling urgent dental issues. They are well-trained professionals who have experience dealing with various emergencies such as severe toothaches, broken teeth, knocked-out teeth, and infections. With their knowledge and skills, they can quickly diagnose the problem and provide prompt treatment.
- Visiting an emergency dentist in Florence, NJ, can save you from unnecessary pain and discomfort. Dental emergencies often involve severe pain that can be debilitating. By seeking immediate attention from an emergency dentist, they can alleviate your pain through different treatments like extractions or root canal procedures.
- Delaying treatment for a dental emergency may lead to further complications down the line. For instance, leaving a cracked tooth untreated could result in infection or loss of the tooth altogether. By consulting with an emergency dentist promptly after experiencing any issue, you minimize the risk of additional problems arising.
- Seeing an emergency dentist in Florence, NJ, offers peace of mind during stressful situations. Dental emergencies can be frightening and overwhelming; having access to professional care when needed provides reassurance that your oral health needs will be taken care of swiftly and effectively.
How Can You Prevent Dental Emergencies?
Maintaining your oral health is the best way to prevent dental emergencies. Our dentist can recommend the best at-home oral care routine for you. Generally, this routine should include the following:
- Brushing your teeth at least twice a day
- Flossing your teeth every day
- Using fluoride toothpaste, floss, and mouthwash
- Scheduling regular checkups with our dentist
To find out more about the dental services we offer at Florence Dental Studio, call (609) 499-3800 or schedule a consultation online. You can also visit us at 539 Marlton Pike W, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002, or 313 Broad St, Florence, NJ, 08518.