Why Choose Florence Dental Studio for Dentures?
- Third-Party Financing Options
- In-House Dental Plan Available
- Customized for Natural Appearance
Dentures in Florence, NJ
Dentures are prosthetic teeth that replace missing teeth. They are made from medical-grade materials that mimic the appearance of gums and teeth. They are held in place by suction and fit snuggly over the gums. The denture base covers the roof of the mouth, while the replacement teeth fill the upper or lower section.
How Are Dentures Made?
The process of making dentures in Florence, NJ, consists of a few stages, namely:
- First, the dentist takes impressions of the patient's remaining teeth or gums. These impressions are sent to a dental laboratory where the denture will be made.
- The impressions are used to design the denture. This includes determining the shape, size, and positioning of each tooth.
- The denture will then be created in a mold. This mold will mimic the shape and size of the patient's jaw.
- The mold is filled with a special material that mimics the gums and then the teeth are set up.
- Lastly, the denture will be removed from the mold, and any final adjustments will be made.
What Makes a Good Denture?
A good denture is comfortable and has a secure fit. Your dentures should be customized to fit your mouth such that you can comfortably speak and eat. Your dentures should fit snugly but not too tightly. You should be able to open and close your mouth comfortably without experiencing any pain or discomfort.
In the past, conventional dentures were the only treatment option for missing teeth. But today, implant-supported dentures are also available. What's the difference between the two?
Traditional dentures are held in place by adhesives and suction. Implant-supported dentures are anchored to the jawbone by implants, just like your natural teeth are anchored by their roots. This makes these dentures more stable and comfortable.
Traditional dentures can be removed for cleaning. Implant-supported dentures are permanently attached to the jawbone, so they cannot be removed. However, they can be brushed the same way you brush natural teeth to keep them clean.
In terms of similarities, both display a similar appearance and can be customized as required.
Dental Bridges vs. Dentures
Bridges are restorations that replace one or two missing teeth. Dentures are the most common solution for replacing multiple missing teeth or entire arches of missing teeth.
Dental bridges use the surrounding teeth for support. The artificial tooth is fused to crowns on each end, which are held in place by being cemented to the surrounding teeth. In contrast, dentures use the gums for support. They are removable and should be taken off every night for cleaning.
What Are the Different Types of Dentures?
There are two main types of dentures: removable dentures and fixed dentures. Removable dentures are held in place by the surrounding teeth and gums. Fixed dentures are anchored in place by dental implants.
Removable dentures are made from acrylic, which is a flexible plastic. The acrylic base where the artificial teeth are attached is colored to match the patient's gums. Removable dentures are held in place by suction or adhesives and rest on the gums. Removable dentures can be taken out of your mouth as needed.
Fixed dentures are for patients who are missing all of their teeth. Fixed dentures are anchored in place by dental implants. Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are surgically placed into the jaw. They are made from titanium, which allows them to be fused with the bone over time, providing a strong anchor for the denture.
What Are the Benefits of Dentures?
Dentures in Florence, NJ, are a common solution for people who have lost their natural teeth due to injury, decay, or other dental issues. While the idea of wearing dentures may not sound appealing at first, they actually offer several benefits that can greatly improve your quality of life.
- One of the main advantages of dentures in Florence, NJ, is that they restore your ability to chew and eat properly. When you're missing teeth, it can be difficult to enjoy certain foods and maintain a balanced diet. Dentures provide the necessary support for biting and chewing so that you can continue to enjoy all your favorite meals without any discomfort.
- Another benefit of dentures is improved speech. Missing teeth can affect your ability to pronounce certain words correctly, leading to speech difficulties. Dentures help fill in those gaps and allow you to speak more clearly and confidently.
- In addition, dentures can enhance your appearance by filling out your facial structure. When teeth are missing, it can cause sagging or sunken cheeks, making you look older than you actually are. With dentures in place, your face will regain its natural shape and fullness.
- Moreover, dentures in Florence, NJ, also play a vital role in boosting self-confidence. Losing teeth often leads to feelings of embarrassment or self-consciousness when smiling or speaking in social situations. By restoring your smile with dentures, you'll feel more confident about showing off your pearly whites again.
To find out more about the dental services we offer at Florence Dental Studio, call (609) 499-3800 or schedule a consultation online. You can also visit us at 539 Marlton Pike W, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002, or 313 Broad St, Florence, NJ, 08518.