Why Choose Florence Dental Studio for Children’s Dentistry?
- A Dental Office Environment That’s Kid-Friendly
- Informative Intraoral Cameras Make Teaching Children Engaging
- No Long Wait Times – We Value Your Family’s Time!
Children's Dentistry in Florence, NJ
A pediatric dentist is a dentist who actively provides dental care to children, adolescents, and teenagers. While most dentists are able to handle dental problems and procedures on adults, a pediatric dentist has an additional two years of training after dental school that focuses on children-specific dental care.
We recommend that children see a pediatric dentist by the age of one. A pediatric dental office is specially designed with young patients in mind. The waiting room is stocked with kid-friendly movies, toys, and games, and the office is decorated with bright colors, pictures of children, and other age-appropriate decorations.
What Is Pediatric Dentistry?
Pediatric dentistry is a specialty field that focuses on the oral health of children. Some dentists choose to concentrate solely on pediatric care, while others work with patients of all ages. The pediatric dentistry field is about more than just teeth, and pediatric dentists work with patients from birth to early adulthood.
Children's Dental Needs
Children's dental needs are often unique to their age. They may need fillings, sealants, or other treatments. Children also exhibit certain behavioral traits that may affect their oral health, such as thumb-sucking. In some cases, children have a hard time sitting still in the dental chair.
Children's dentistry in Florence, NJ, is all about addressing their age-specific dental needs and helping them feel comfortable in the dental chair. This may involve various dental techniques. For example, sedation dentistry may be a good option for children who have anxiety about dental visits.
Common Types of Dental Treatments for Children
Fillings are widely used to restore teeth that have been damaged by cavities and tooth decay. Decay occurs because of enamel erosion due to the acidic substances released by oral bacteria. We usually recommend tooth-colored fillings to restore teeth. Such fillings are either made from dental-grade ceramic or composite resin, a substance that can be matched perfectly with the color, texture, and overall appearance of the teeth.
Dental sealants are applied to the occlusal grooves present on the surface of the molars and premolars. They are an ingenious solution to prevent cavities, as they prevent oral bacteria, food residues, and tartar deposits from accumulating in the grooves. Also, they are quite durable and long-lasting, making them perfect for children's teeth.
Pulp therapy is the treatment of dental pulp, which is the soft tissue found inside the tooth. The pulp can be damaged due to decay, trauma, or injury. It is important because it provides nutrients to the tooth to help it grow. The pulp also contains nerves that sense temperature, pain, and pressure.
A pulpotomy is a minor procedure used to repair a cavity that has not affected the root canal pulp. The pulp from the crown is removed, but the roots are left untouched. The cavity is then cleaned and, disinfected and filled with a composite material to prevent the cavity from growing larger.
Why is Children's Dentistry Important?
Children's dentistry in Florence, NJ, is of utmost importance when it comes to the overall health and well-being of our little ones. It plays a vital role in ensuring that their teeth and gums are healthy and strong, setting them up for a lifetime of good oral hygiene habits.
- One major reason why children's dentistry is important is because it helps in preventing dental issues at an early stage. Regular check-ups with a pediatric dentist can detect any potential problems such as tooth decay or misalignment, allowing for prompt treatment before they worsen.
- Another key aspect of children's dentistry is education. We not only treat dental issues but also educate parents and children on proper oral hygiene techniques. They teach kids how to brush and floss effectively, instilling good habits from an early age.
- In addition, children's dentistry in Florence, NJ, focuses on preventive measures like fluoride treatments and dental sealants. These procedures help protect the teeth from decay by strengthening the enamel or creating a barrier against harmful bacteria.
- Moreover, regular visits to the dentist create a positive association with dental care for children. By making these visits fun and engaging, pediatric dentists help alleviate any anxiety or fear that may be associated with going to the dentist.
Children's dentistry in Florence, NJ, plays a crucial role in keeping our little ones' smiles bright and healthy. It ensures that any potential dental issues are addressed promptly while equipping both parents and children with valuable knowledge on maintaining good oral health practices throughout their lives.
To find out more about the dental services we offer at Florence Dental Studio, call (609) 499-3800 or schedule a consultation online. You can also visit us at 539 Marlton Pike W, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002, or 313 Broad St, Florence, NJ, 08518.